Learn about Pressure-Volume technology with the PV Workbook.
Download the PV Workbook
Translational Research takes a physiological question from an animal model to a clinical application. As in pharmaceutical research, having a meaningful impact upon clinical medicine is the paramount end goal. To ensure physiological relevance when focusing basic research through the lens of clinical medicine requires extra care when choosing animal and disease models. Chronic studies have the advantage of limiting confounding variables like anesthesia and surgical trauma. Telemetry has the additional advantage of free range of movement and limited research interaction to give the most physiologically accurate values.
Any of Transonic’s quality measurement technologies can be applied to translational research depending on the application needs:
- Transit-time volume flow measurement in blood vessels 0.3 mm in diameter and greater
- Laser Doppler for tissue perfusion on organ surfaces
- Solid-state pressure catheter for minimally invasive, high fidelity pressure measurements
- Pressure-volume catheter measurements for comprehensive cardiac hemodynamics
- Multi-parameter telemetry including pressure, ECG and flow in a single unit
- Ultrasound-dilution for cardiac function and blood volume measurements
Transonic® also has a wide range of clinical products including volume flow, tissue perfusion and ultrasound-dilution which may be used during pre-clinical and clinical trials.
From Bench-top to Bedside
Transonic has a long history of supporting Translational Research endeavors. Many of our clinical products grew out of our research product line and were validated on animal models. This union between research and clinical is clearly seen in the COnfidence flow probes® for cardiac output measurement which have both a clinical (AU) and research (PAU) line.